Agriculture is increasingly facing environmental pressures and concerns from regulators and stakeholders. These Agricultural-Environmental (Ag-Environmental) issues include management of nutrients, management of water, potential impact from per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), and many more.
Dragun has consulted on these Ag-Environmental issues for decades, providing strategic advice on environmental permitting, nitrates in groundwater and surface water, PFAS, groundwater supply, regulatory negotiations, and litigation support.
Below are a variety of resources, including short educational videos/webinars and several articles.
If you have questions or need assistance with an Ag-Environmental matter, contact Jeffrey Bolin at 248-932-0228, Ext. 125.
PFAS and Agriculture
Using Isotopes to Help Determine The Source of Nitrates in Groundwater
Nitrates in Groundwater: Identifying The Source Using Advanced Methods
Ag-Environmental Articles and Resources
(Also see our PFAS Resources Page)
- White Paper: What Farmers Must Know about PFAS Part 1 (Dragun Corporation | Winter 2021)
- EPA Releases Draft Guidance on Federal Permitting for Discharges Via Groundwater (Michael Best Client Alert | December 2020)
- Assessing Human Health Risks from Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substance (PFAS)-Impacted Vegetable Consumption: A Tiered Modeling Approach (Environmental Science and Technology | Fall 2020)
- Regulated Water: The New Rule, A Supreme Court Ruling, and Politics (GreenStone | Fall 2020)
- Environmental Concerns Intensifying for Agriculture (Blog | October 2020)
- Tracking down the nitrate source (Journal of Nutrient Management | January 2020)
- The Tortuous Path of The Waters of United States (GreenStone Partners | Spring 2020)
- Understanding Nitrate Isotopes in Groundwater, Adjusting Fertilizer Strategy (Michigan Agriculture Today | July 2020)
- What Dairies Should Know About PFAS (Michigan Agriculture Today | Fall 2019
- PFAS and the Dairy Farm – What you need to Know (DairyVoice.Com | Fall 2019)
- Concerns are Growing Around PFAS And Groundwater (Farm Journal’s Milk | Fall 2019)
- PFAS: An Emerging Threat to the Environment…And Diary Farms (Dairy Business | Fall 2019)
- Proactive Efforts Related to Nutrient Management Solutions (GreenStone Partners | 2018)
- The Changes Environmental Regulatory Landscape for Agriculture (GreenStone Partners | Fall 2017)
- Naturally-Occurring Contaminants and Understanding Nitrates in the Environment (GreenStone Partners | Spring 2017)
- Major Environmental Developments Affecting Agriculture (GreenStone Partners | Fall 2015)
- Lake Erie Algal Blooms – It’s a Complicated Issue (GreenStone Partners | Fall 2014)