Environmental Consulting for Municipalities
When it comes to public health, the stakes are too high to risk using just any consultant. A flawed assessment can affect thousands of people and cost millions in liability.
Sadly, many municipalities learn the hard way that a poorly prepared consulting firm – or one that’s relies on doing the regulator’s projects – can generate more problems than solutions. When you need a proven consultant whose obligations remain with the community and its residents, you need Dragun Corporation.
Environmental Consulting for Municipalities’ Successes
- A group of five municipalities was awarded more than $100,000,000 in insurance coverage for landfill remediation as a result of Dragun Corporation’s understanding and communication of the complex hydrogeology of the site.
- In another case, Dragun’s senior analysts performed a critical analysis and determined the type, extent, and movement of the environmental contamination for a group of four entities in Salina, Kansas. In this precedent-setting case, the Department of Justice agreed to pay, up front, 90 percent of the cost to fill data gaps and to prepare a remediation plan – the first time the federal government has financed this type of effort.
Protecting you proactively
Our senior staff of PhD and Master’s-level engineers, geologists, and environmental scientists are experts in revealing hidden risks from, and to, municipal properties – risks that could expose your community to huge liability and devastating public-relations damage.
Look to Dragun for …
- Peer reviews to identify potential dangers and costs in your current site characterization
- Litigation support that includes expert services in the event of a lawsuit
- Site assessment and remediation to minimize liability and regulatory conflict
- Management of high-risk sites including FUDS (Formerly Used Defense Sites), BRAC (Base Realignment & Closure), and complex landfill and groundwater issues
Stay in the right direction
Our experienced team puts your community’s welfare first – positioning you to minimize environmental costs, liability, and risk; and determining the right amount of funding needed for your remediation.
As city managers and directors have discovered, Dragun’s focus on the client, not the regulators, pays impressive dividends. Contact Matt Schroeder for more information.
“Dragun Corporation helped the Salina Public Entities understand the complexity of the groundwater contamination and identified numerous flaws with the prior technical work performed by other parties on behalf of the federal government.” – Martha Tasker, Director of Utilities, City of Salina